Areas of Studio Expertise:
- Maryland Institute College of Art, Baltimore MD, 2008
Master of Fine Arts, Rinehart School of Sculpture
- University of Maryland, College Park MD, 2005
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Studio Art, concentration in sculpture
Adjunct Professor, Frederick Community College, Frederick MD.
Fall 2018 to Spring 2019
- Drawing I
- Foundations of Studio Art / 2D Design
Design syllabus and schedule of assignments for the semester. Design lesson plans, in-class assignments, homework assignments and portfolio projects for the semester. Guide students successfully through the semester’s curriculum by giving presentations and demonstrations to assist in the learning process. Make references to both contemporary and historical art and artist references in conjunction with each lesson and or project or assignment. Lead critiques. Create a rubric to grade assignments and communicate to each student their grade status via blackboard. Attend adjunct focus group meetings to optimize my teaching strategies and philosophy.
Teaching Assistant, Maryland Institute College of Art, Baltimore MD.
- Intro to Fibers
- Sculptural Forms
- Intro to Wood
Guided students successfully through the year’s curriculum. Acted as an interface between professor and students, designed lessons, gave presentations, demonstrations and critiques
Visiting Artist, Rinehart School of Sculpture, Baltimore MD.
Fall 2013 and Winter 2010
- Gave presentations on my experience at Vermont Studio Center and a presentation on performance art and varying contemporary artists, including my own work. Lead individual critiques and supported students by answering questions about being an artist after graduating from Rinehart School of Sculpture.
Winter 2019 to present
I teach private lessons to children, teens and adults specializing in the disciplines of:
- Drawing including charcoal, graphite, india ink, conte crayon, color pencil, soft pastels and oil pastels
- Oil Painting
I am now offering virtual private lessons, you can find out more here on my companion website.